FCBI is looking for a Policy Services Specialist (PSS) to join their growing team! If you have a passion for making an impact in a thriving organization, love collaborating with others and like being recognized for your achievements, then this could be the role for you!
The PSS plays a key role in the coordination and completion of tasks and activities that support in-house Underwriting operations. The position reports to a Department Manager, but also has a dotted line reporting with a team of talented Field and In-House Underwriters. The role is critical to FCBI’s ability to make timely decisions about business opportunities by cultivating long-term business relationships with client agents and policyholders. Business success relies on the ability of the PSS to support a team approach to manage the needs of internal/external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interact with agent clients to provide superior service via telephone or email.
• Review submissions for completeness and accuracy.
• Initiate and manage requests for additional information.
• Data entry for new business submissions, quotes, and binds.
• Develop Submission Package for review by Underwriter.
• Prepare new business quotes and manage quote follow-up activity.
• Bind coverage in preparation for policy issuance.
• Policy/endorsement issuance and post-issuance and accuracy review, as needed.
• Responsible for documentation of Underwriting files.
• Prepare renewal policies for Underwriting evaluation.
• Prepare policy documentation for Underwriting Renewal Review Team (URRT).
• Prepare and issue Underwriting cancellation/reinstatement requests.
• Obtain documentation required to facilitate billing process.
• Ordering Loss Control and follow-up.
• Assist Underwriters in all aspects of their primary responsibilities.
• Achieve established PSS productivity and quality requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• High School Diploma, additional education preferred.
• Minimum of three years of related work experience.
• In-depth knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Insurance and related policy processing functions.
• Prior experience as a Policy Services Representative, Underwriting Assistant or Underwriting Technician.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interpret abstract information.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relationships with client agents and policyholders.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to research and solve complex problems while working independently.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to execute complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating teamwork capabilities.
• Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR) designation highly preferred, but not required.
• Passionate in what you do, adaptable and flexible.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Office 365 with emphasis on the use of Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FCBI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of color, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State and/or local law.