As part of the Premium Audit team, this position is responsible for performing audits of customer data, evaluating customer information, and making audit conclusions for our policy holders. Substantial independent action and judgement are required to make premium audit conclusions involving complex coverage and factual issues. The analysis performed is to ensure accuracy and compliance with state and bureau requirements. This is a temporary position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to audit problems for agents, policyholders, and attorneys. Assists the manager with implementation of premium audit processes and procedures
- Analyzes and audits files to ensure accuracy and compliance with filings. Works with commercial underwriting to ensure the premium audit is completed, timely and accurately, as well as provides pertinent underwriting information
- Analyzes, processes and reviews financial audits completed by outside auditing firms, or by personally conducting audit via phone or virtually. Evaluates for accurate classification, rates and applicable policy provisions. Analyzes and reviews additional premium endorsements which result in non-pay cancellation as a direct result of a mid-term audit, final audits on prior policies, inspections or routine endorsements processed during the policy term.
- Reviews dispute information and certificates of insurance received from general agents, policyholders or brokers contesting an audit after it has been sent out for billing. Analyzes the submitted information for relevance and appropriate documentation by interpreting financial documents, federal tax returns, workers compensation audits, quarterly reports and/or state unemployment records. Decides if dispute information is valid to warrant a revision up to pre-established authority
- Reviews all additional or return premium audits over a specified limit as a quality and quantity control measure. Verifies the reason the additional or return premium was generated and notifies Underwriting and agent of audit results
- Trains new and current audit staff and provides updates about new products and programs. Completes quality and quantity measurements for continuity of procedures and training of personnel according to company and department guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Highschool degree required, college degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum of five years of premium audit experience
- In-depth knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Insurance and related policy processing functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interpret abstract information
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong business relationships with client agents and policyholders
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple deadlines
- Ability to execute complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating teamwork capabilities
- Working knowledge of Office 365 tools
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FCBI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of color, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State and/or local law.