The Senior Underwriter position will focus on exceptional customer service, collaboration with Field Underwriters, the development of strong agency relationships, evaluation and pricing of risks, and management of a book of business in a team concept.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Field Underwriter to achieve new business growth goals, renewal retention targets and profit objectives
- Development and enhancement of new and existing agent relationships to drive qualified submissions, quotes and binds to meet annual goals
- Monitor, underwrite, and respond timely to new business submission flow through the on-line system, when available
- Evaluate new business and renewal submissions within company guidelines for acceptability, adequate pricing, and profitability
- Operate within parameters of a Letter of Authority
- Successfully negotiate and quote new and renewal business with assigned partner agents/producers resulting in binding the risk
- Management and underwriting oversight of a designated book of business working closely with the Policy Services Team and other departments such as claims, audit and accounting
- Maintenance and documentation of underwriting files within established parameters
- Preparation of required monthly reports, collaboration on special projects and presentations as required
- Regional travel, when required
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- College degree required; AIU and/or CIC desirable, but not required
- Five or more years of Workers’ Compensation insurance underwriting experience with carrier, or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Insurance and related policy processing functions, preferable with experience of the State of Florida.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to execute complex tasks with concrete and abstract variables
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating teamwork capabilities
- Proven track record in building and maintaining a solid book of business
- Good computer skills and excellent communication skills required
- Working knowledge of Office 365 tools
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FCBI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of color, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State and/or local law.